Quality Home Care Services In Houston
Home care services are provided to people who require assistance and help in their homes. It covers a broad range of services provided by care workers sent to the home of the client. Most care agencies customize their services to suit the requirements of the person who is in need.
Christian Provider Service in Houston provides a range of home care services to the sick, elderly, disabled and individuals who need assistance with everyday tasks such as cooking, eating and bathing. Among others, the care home provides the following services to its clients:
- Cooking and meal preparation
- Personal care e.g. washing, bathing and dressing
- Domestic works such as vacuuming, dusting, washing and tidying up
- Providing transportation and running errands
- Assistance with medication
- Incontinence care
- Mobility assistance
- Supervision for Alzheimer's and Dementia patients, and other individuals
When Are Home Care Services Available
Care agencies such as Christian Provider Services in Houston offer round-the-clock services for the elderly and disabled people. That means you can get a caregiver anytime of the day and week for as long as you want. Common shifts include:
- Providing care between around 8 o'clock to 8pm
- Emergency care when an individual has hurt him/herself. The shift runs until the individual is out of the hospital or able to care for themselves.
- 24-hour care, where the caregiver stays at the client's home overnight
- Occasional 3-12 hour visits
As said earlier, shifts can be adjusted to fit the client's specific needs.
Determining the level of care needed by the client can be determined either by the agency or a representative of the client and approved by a staff member, who is sent to conduct an assessment at the client's home.
The assessment may include safety assessment; mobility assessment to know the individual's safety requirements; and catering assessments to analyze the amount of assistance the client needs in meal preparation.
Benefits Of Home Care Over Any Other Form Of Care Services
1. Affordability – Professional caregivers who provide care at the client's residence are way cheaper than nursing homes.
2. Facilitates Personalized Care – In-home care ensures the client gets all the attention from the caregiver. This may not be the case in care homes where it is impossible to offer specialized care for each of the clients.
3. Helps Keep Families Together – In-home caregivers offer clients the opportunity to stay at home around friends and family members, preventing loneliness and stress. Studies also show that elderly people who have been ill recently, recover faster at home than in hospital.
4. Home Care Gives You Peace Of Mind – As the full time caregiver of an elderly or disabled family member, it is normal to be worried about the safety of your loved one in a care home. Home care makes this one less problem to worry about, as it gives you the opportunity to monitor both the caregiver and your loved one.